IFAS Diversity & Inclusion
The University of Florida is committed to creating a community that reflects the rich racial, cultural and ethnic diversity of the state and nation. Towards this end, the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at the University of Florida is committed to providing a welcoming and respectful environment for all students and employees.
|Benita Bannis||Ast Director, IST||Researchemail@example.com|
|Denise Bogart||Director||IFAS Human Resourcesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|John Diaz||Assistant Professor||Ag Ed & Communicationemail@example.com|
|Keith Diem||Professor;Ext. Specialist||FYCS; Diversity and Inclusionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Peter Digennaro||Assistant Professor||Entomology & Nematologyemail@example.com|
|Lisa Farina||Clinical Assoc. Professor||Vet Medfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tamiko M. Gaines||McKnight Doctoral Fellow||Ag Ed & Communicationemail@example.com|
|Megan Henson||Admin Support Assistant I||Office of the Dean for Extensionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Davie Kadyampakeni||Asst Professor||CREC Horticultureemail@example.com|
|Dail Laughinghouse||Ast Professor||FLREC-Ft Lauderdalefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dana LeCuyer||HR Specialist III||IFAS Human Resourcesemail@example.com|
|Megan Mann||County Extension Director & Extension Agent II||Lake Countyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Heather McAuslane||Professor; Assistant Dean||CALS Dean's Officeemail@example.com|
|Naim Montazeri||Assistant Professor||FSHNfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nancy Moore||Extension Agent III||4-H Hernandoemail@example.com|
|Michael Olexa||Professor; Center Director||FREfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Britta Osborne||Biology Advisor II||CALS Dean's Officeemail@example.com|
|Eva Pabon||Extension Agent 1||REC--Osceolafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|AJ Reisinger||Assistant Professor||SWS; Urban Soil & Water Qualityemail@example.com|
|Grady Roberts||Professor||Ag Ed & Communicationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Diane Rowland||Professor and Chair||Agronomyemail@example.com|
|C.C. Suarez||Assistant Professor||Ag Ed & Communicationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Laura Valencia||Extension Agent I||Osceola Countyemail@example.com|
|Saddie Vela||PhD Student||Plant Molecular and Cellular Biologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group, facilitated by the Director of IFAS Human Resources, brings leadership to the IFAS diversity initiatives.
The committee has a three-part mission:
1) meeting the objectives initiated by the UF Diversity Officer,
2) enhancing cultural competency in IFAS, and
3) promoting efforts to understand and enhance equity through teaching, research and extension
The committee consists of a cross section of respective areas of IFAS and members were nominated by IFAS Deans.
The Committee is charged to accomplish the following objectives:
- Develop and maintain an effective ongoing employee educational program designed to foster and ensure a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive environment for all.
- Assess IFAS efforts focused on diversity and recommendations for development to meet the diverse needs of the University’s students and faculty.
- Assess recruitment and employment and development policies and practices.
- Plan and participate in programs highlighting IFAS’s commitment to diversity such as speakers, exhibits, presentations, and campus initiatives.
- Collaborate and liaise with appropriate units on campus, such as the Disability Resource Center, Multicultural and Diversity Affairs, UF Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives, Multicultural Student Organizations, International Student Services, Office of Veteran Affairs, the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity, and UF Training and Organizational Development.
- Publicize IFAS ‘s diversity efforts through use of collateral material, such as, posters, banners, and bookmarks.
- Maintain a Web presence.
- Develop an Annual Action Plan in collaboration with Administration